KORE offers homeowner insurance policies designed to protect one of your most important investments.

Damage to your home can be costly – whether caused by hail, wind, fire, burglary, vandalism or something else. Your homeowner insurance policy is there to protect you, so you can get back on your feet quickly after a loss.

If you have a mortgage on your property, your mortgage lender will require a minimum amount of hazard insurance coverage to protect their interest in the home. That basic level of coverage may not be enough to cover your personal property and belongings, garages or other structures on the property, or your personal liability for injuries sustained in or around your home.

Your policy should provide adequate coverage to protect you from personal liability in the event someone else is injured on your property. This element of coverage is there to help pay for the injured person’s medical expenses, rehabilitation and sometimes even lost wages for a period of time, up to predefined policy limits. It can also provide protection if you are sued by someone who feels reputational harm was done to them by you or someone in your home. In addition, this coverage is expanding to help policyholders in a number of ways that relate to social media hazing or bullying on the internet.

The amount of coverage you have on your home should cover the costs needed to rebuild your home; this is often more than the current real estate value of the home. While it may be tempting to save money by reducing coverage to a lower amount, you could end up in a situation where the insurance proceeds are insufficient when you actually need them.

KORE can help make sure your coverage is sufficient and appropriate, while keeping an eye on costs. With access to a wide array of well-known insurance companies, we can help you find affordable coverage that will be there for you if you ever need it.