Who does this position report to? Manager of Employee Benefits
How is this position paid? Salaried
What are the routine hourly requirements of this position? 40 hours per week
What are the working hours for this position? 8:30am – 5:30pm
What is the overview of the job responsibilities?
- Provide high level of customer service to all clients.
- Help determine best benefits programs and oversee program implementation.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the carrier market and underwriting requirements for group medical, life, LTD, STD, dental and vision.
- Provide guidance on local and Federal laws with regard to:
- Health Care Reform, ERISA and HIPAA .
- Small and Large Group Medical carriers underwriting guidelines, product offerings and compliance.
- Individual state laws regarding employee benefits.
What are the essential job functions does this person complete?
- Help resolve any client’s claim or carrier issues.
- Run small group quotes and put together large group RFPs.
- Put together new business and client presentation spreadsheets and analysis.
- Work with General Agents and Carriers to install new cases, including the completion of all enrollment documents and enrollment templates.
- Ability to navigate carrier enrollment portals and client benefit administration systems.
What are the minimum education requirements necessary to carry out the essential functions of this position? Undergraduate Degree
What certifications, licenses or specialized training might be required? Life & Health License
What experience might be necessary to carry out the essential functions of this position? 3-5 years working in employee benefits insurance
Who are the peers of this position? Account executives from an Insurance carrier, General Agent or Broker.